Ornish Lifestyle Medicine is the only program scientifically proven to reverse the progression of heart disease through significant changes in lifestyle. The choices we make in our lives have a powerful effect on out health. It’s never been a better time to make those choices count.
What you'll do
- Experiencing delicious meals and discovering how to prepare them at home.
- Taking part in regular, fun 30 minute exercise sessions that will easily fit into your daily routine.
- Learning a range of innovative techniques that will help you feel more peaceful and manage stress more effectively.
- Giving and receiving emotional support and unlocking the healing power of a community focused on living long, joyful and abundant lives.
- Continuing the experience through alumni support groups and online communities.
- Reducing the risk of a heart-related event.
- Decreasing the frequency and severity of chest pain.
- Lowering the likelihood of future surgery.
- Lessening your dependence on medications.
- Lowering your cholesterol, improving your blood pressure, and losing weight.
- Increasing your capacity for exercise.
Patient journey through the Ornish Lifestyle Medicine program
Diagnosis & Referral
- Sandra is referred to a cardiologist.
- Her cardiologist tells her about Ornish Lifestyle Medicine
- Sandra has her questions answered by a member of the Ornish Lifestyle Medicine staff.
- Sandra decides to enter the program and schedules a meeting to register.
- Sandra attends her first 4-hour session that includes exercise, stress reduction, nutrition, and emotional support.
- Over the next 9 weeks, with the support of fellow participants, program staff and her loved ones, Sandra enjoys the benefits of more exercise and a plant-based diet. Her cholesterol and blood pressure are significantly lower and she has lost weight.
- Sandra quickly notices that her mobility and exercise tolerance are increasing and is thrilled by the stress reduction techniques. At home, Sandra and her family enjoy preparing all the new foods for extended family and friends.
- Sandra forms such close bonds with her fellow participants that they decide to continue meeting regularly after the 72 hour program ends.
“It is so simple! I wish other people would understand that they have choices other than just medications, to manage their disease.”
– Cathy Lynch, program participant
“The staff and the group experience were essential to my success in the program.”
– Jim Vavrek, program participant
This is an important Call-To-Action
This sentence explains why you should take this action with a little more detail.